Roast Carrots with Shallots and Thyme
Savory Roast Carrots with Shallots and Thyme are a perfect match to most chicken,
beef and pork main entrees and provide a colorful accent. Roasting brings out deep
flavors in this easy to prepare side dish.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds small- to medium-size carrots
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place rack in center of oven.
- Peel carrots and trim green top, leaving about 1/2–inch. Cut larger carrots in
half lengthwise and place in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add shallots and thyme; drizzle
with oil and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Preparation Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Servings: 4
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes