Roasted Garlic Custard (Aioli)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic puree
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Scald the cream and the crushed garlic and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, stir together the whole eggs and the yolk. Temper the egg mixture
by adding 2 ounces of the cream to the bowl. Then stir in the remaining cream. Pass
through a fine sieve into another bowl.
- Stir in the garlic puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter four 3-ounce molds and ladle the custard into each one. Place molds in
a shallow pan and fill the pan with hot water so the liquid reaches halfway up the
side of the molds.
- Bake covered for about 50 minutes or until the custards are just set. Allow to
- Run a knife around the inside of the mold and turn the custard out onto each
of four plates.
- Serve with vegetables, meat or fish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.