This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Roasted Garlic Custard (Aioli)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic puree
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Scald the cream and the crushed garlic and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, stir together the whole eggs and the yolk. Temper the egg mixture
by adding 2 ounces of the cream to the bowl. Then stir in the remaining cream. Pass
through a fine sieve into another bowl.
- Stir in the garlic puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter four 3-ounce molds and ladle the custard into each one. Place molds in
a shallow pan and fill the pan with hot water so the liquid reaches halfway up the
side of the molds.
- Bake covered for about 50 minutes or until the custards are just set. Allow to
- Run a knife around the inside of the mold and turn the custard out onto each
of four plates.
- Serve with vegetables, meat or fish.