Roasted Potatoes with Lemon, Oregano and Garlic
Author Aglaia Kremezi says these are some of the most delicious roasted potatoes
you'll ever taste, especially if you (like many Greeks at Easter) roast them
in the lamb juices.
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano plus additional for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on 13 x 9-inch baking dish and pour oil over
- Add garlic, oregano and salt and pepper to taste, tossing well to coat. Bake
potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Add stock, toss and bake 10 minutes more.
- Add lemon juice, toss and bake 10 to 15 minutes more, until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh oregano and serve at once.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.