Roesti (Fried Potatoes with
Wisconsin Cheese and Onion)
Yum! Potatoes, onion and Swiss cheese.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 raw potatoes, chopped or coarsely shredded;or frozen diced or grated potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In large nonstick skillet, sauté the onion in butter.
- Add the potatoes, and press evenly into the pan.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat until the bottom of the potatoes
are golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the potato mixture, and invert the potatoes onto a baking
sheet; slide the potatoes back into the skillet.
- Cook an additional 7 minutes until the bottom is browned.
- Sprinkle with the cheese; cover the skillet and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.