Rustic Sauteed Mushrooms
I've always loved mushrooms. Any time I can find a recipe that showcases
them, I will certainly make it. Rustic Sauteed Mushrooms go very well served
alongside a grilled steak.
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Splash of dry Sherry or Pernod (optional)
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Wash mushrooms and dry with a clean towel. Cut mushrooms into thick slices.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms in
an even layer and let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss mushrooms to evenly color, adjusting heat if necessary. Season with
salt and black pepper and add the shallot. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add
the optional Dry Sherry or Pernod, garlic and thyme. Stir together for a few
seconds, remove from the heat and serve.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo zkruger
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes