Rusty's Fried Green Tomatoes
- 4 or 5 green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons
- Bacon fat for frying
- Slice tomatoes.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, onion salt and pepper in something with
a wide mouth like a pie plate.
- Combine egg and milk in a small mixing bowl.
tomato slices into egg mix.
- Dip tomato slices into cornmeal mix, coating well.
- In an iron skillet, heat bacon fat on medium heat.
- Fry tomato slices for about
2 minutes per side or until they're golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- You can keep these warm in a 200 degree F oven until they are all fried.
while they're hot.
Posted by LladyRusty at recipegoldmine.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.