Savory Sausage Stuffing
Tired of the same old stuffing? Try this delicious version for your holiday get-togethers.
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ White or Wheat Bread Dough, baked and cubed
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place cubed bread in a large bowl.
- Brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add onion, celery, mushrooms and carrots and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add sausage mixture to bread cubes and toss to mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss until well blended.
- Place in a sprayed 2-quart baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees
F 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned.
Servings: 8-10 | Prep Time: 20-30 min | Bake Time: 45 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.