Savory Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Serve this with a green salad for a vegetarian dinner!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups plain
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher
or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F; lightly grease a small baking sheet with olive
oil. Set aside.
- Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the woody stem.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chile powder,
cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip the cauliflower into the bowl and use a brush or your hands to smear the
marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the refrigerator
in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the surface
is dry and lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes. The marinade will make a crust on
the surface of the cauliflower.
- Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into six wedges.