Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Lemon
- 1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh Brussels sprouts, shredded or sliced very thin
- 1 large lemon (zest and juice)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chop the onion.
- Mince the garlic or use a garlic press.
- Shred Brussels sprouts by finely slicing with a knife.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of yellow zest from lemon and squeeze
3 tablespoons of juice.
- In a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and
cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally,
until sprouts are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Serves 6 to 8.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.