Shrimpy Bleu Cheese Grits
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 ounces bleu cheese
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup instant grits
- 1 tablespoon julienned onions
- 1 tablespoon julienned tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Prepare grits by placing bringing water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add grits
and stir constantly for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup grits in a mold. Place one ounce of cheese in the center. Add another
1/2 cup grits to the mold and set aside.
- Sauté onions, capers and tomatoes. Add chicken stock and reduce by half. Add
shrimp and butter, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Sauté cheese grits in 1/4 cup oil until golden brown on both sides. Place shrimp
on top of grits and pour sauce over grits in a shallow bowl.
- Serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes