Slow-Baked Tennessee Tomatoes
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, cut in half horizontally
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes on baking sheet, cut sides up.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 2 to 3 hours or until the tomatoes collapse and begin
- Sprinkle with garlic about halfway through baking, and sprinkle with goat cheese
during last 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil just before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Source: the kitchen of Pick Tennessee Products
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.