This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sour Cream Green Beans
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen green beans,thawed and drained
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp natural Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Sauté onion in 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Add to combined beans, sour cream,
flour and seasonings; mix lightly.
- Pour into greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese; top with crumbs tossed with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.