Southern Cream Gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour (left over from coating chicken)
- 3/4 cup chicken bouillon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup half-and-half or light cream
- Kitchen Bouquet or Baker's Caramel (to color gravy)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour mixture and cook until mixture
is browned slightly (it will be crumbly).
- Over medium heat, stir in hot chicken
bouillon, mixing constantly to thicken mixture and avoid lumps.
- Lower heat and stir in cream and gravy coloring, if using.
- Serve with chicken.