Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
You can make this rich Alfredo sauce lower in fat by using reduced fat sour cream
and low fat cheese, making this a dish both low fat or low carb dieters can appreciate.
If you're following strict Atkins', skip the reduced fat ingredients.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method
and separated into strands
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine all ingredients except spaghetti squash over
medium-low heat and whisk until smooth and creamy, stirring constantly to prevent
- Add the spaghetti squash strands to the sauce and stir until thoroughly mixed
and heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings