- 1 (8 ounce) package stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 6 cups sliced yellow squash (2 pounds)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine stuffing mix with melted butter and press half of it into 13 x 9-inch
or 3-quart casserole dish.
- Lightly steam squash and onion until barely cooked. Drain thoroughly.
- Combine soup, sour cream and grated carrots. Fold in cooked squash and onion.
- Gently spoon mixture over stuffing. Mix in casserole dish and top with remaining
- Bake at 350 degrees F until stuffing mix begins to brown and bubbles around the
edge, about 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 to 10 servings