Squash Chicken Dressing
- 2 packages Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 chicken
- 1 small jar pimentos
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 8 medium yellow squash or zucchini, sliced
- Boil and de-bone chicken. Cut into pieces.
- Bake cornbread per package directions.
- Sauté onion and squash in butter in skillet.
- Crumble cornbread in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the onion and squash mixture to the cornbread.
- Add the pimentos and the chicken.
- Melt Velveeta, soup and 1/2 can water in the microwave. Stir to blend well, then
add to the cornbread mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Pour into a large greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.