- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 14 cup diced green bell pepper 1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Soft bread crumbs (optional)
- Combine butter and sugar in a large heavy skillet; cook over medium heat until
melted and golden.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper and salt, stirring well; cover, reduce heat, and cook
20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Thicken with soft breadcrumbs, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.