Strawberry Rhubarb Applesauce
- 4-5 large Golden Delicious apples
- 3 long, thick rhubarb stalks
- 1 cup strawberries
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Core, peel and chop apple.
- Peel and chop rhubarb.
- Pick stems off strawberries.
- Add everything to a pot and add a little water (about 1/4 cup) to prevent burning.
When the apples start cooking they will release their own liquid so the water is
really needed during the first minutes of cooking.)
- Cook, covered, over medium heat, until boiling, then turn heat down and tilt
the cover a little to let steam escape. Stir occasionally. Simmer until most of
the apples have dissolved and the mix doesn't look too watery, about 30 minutes.
It's best to turn the heat off while the mixture is still a little watery since
more water will evaporate while it is cooling down.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.