- 6 cups large bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried minced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf sage, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon, crumbled or 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- Bake bread crumbs on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes, turning
a few times to brown evenly.
- Toss bread cubes with remaining ingredients until the cubes are evenly coated.
- Store in a tightly closed container on the shelf for 1 to 4 months, or freeze
for 1 year.
- To use: Melt 3 tablespoons butter; stir into 2 cups Stuffing Mix in a large bowl.
Add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup chicken broth or water, stirring gently. Warm in a pan on
top of the stove, in the oven, or in a microwave.
For pork: Add 1/2 teaspoon sage, 1/4 cup chopped apple, 1/4 cup chopped nuts
For turkey: Add 1/4 cup raisins, 1/4 cup chopped apple, 1/4 cup chopped cranberries
For beef: Add 1/4 cup mushrooms, canned or fresh, and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.