Sweet Potato Fries with Cajun Dipping Sauce
A tasty side dish or appetizer!
- 1 1/2 pounds/750 g sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in half crosswise,
then cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) slices and finally into 1/2-inch (1.25
cm) strips (to resemble fries) 750 g
- 2 tablespoons canola oil 30 mL
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika 5 mL
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper 2 mL
Cajun Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream 175 mL
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce 15 mL
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line large baking sheet
with aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes in large bowl. Drizzle canola oil over sweet potatoes
and toss gently, set thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and black
pepper and toss gently.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in single layer on baking sheet. Bake for
30-35 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes or until beginning to richly
- Serve immediately for peak flavor and texture.
Yield: 6 servings | Serving size: 1/2 cup (125 mL) fries, 2
tablespoons (30 mL) sauce
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 140 Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g Cholesterol 5 mg Carbohydrates 20 g Fiber 2 g Protein 3
g Sodium 260 mg Potassium 403 mg
Source: Nancy Hughes
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): CanolaInfo.org