This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sweet-n-Savory Green Beans
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, toasted**
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed*
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 ounces Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- If using fresh green beans, cook in salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or
until just tender. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- Combine onion, water and salt in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until
- Add beans, garlic, butter, cumin and curry powder; stir to coat beans. Stir in
dried cranberries, sherry, juice cocktail and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low;
cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mixture is heated through.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
* If desired, lightly toast cumin seed in small skillet and pound with mortar
and pestle to bring out flavor.
** To toast almonds, cook in small nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring
constantly, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Toasted salted
Marcona almonds can be substituted.
2009 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist Kara Adanalian, Fresno, CA
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.