Sweet-n-Savory Green Beans
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, toasted**
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed*
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 ounces Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- If using fresh green beans, cook in salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- Combine onion, water and salt in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until water evaporates.
- Add beans, garlic, butter, cumin and curry powder; stir to coat beans. Stir in dried cranberries, sherry, juice cocktail and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mixture is heated through.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
Yield: 6 servings
2009 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist Kara Adanalian, Fresno, CA
Recipe and photo used with permission from: