Sweet-n-Savory Green Beans
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- freshly ground
black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, toasted**
- 10 ounces fresh
or frozen green beans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed*
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 ounces Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- If using fresh green beans, cook in salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or
until just tender. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- Combine onion, water and salt in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until
- Add beans, garlic, butter, cumin and curry powder; stir to coat beans. Stir in
dried cranberries, sherry, juice cocktail and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low;
cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mixture is heated through.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
* If desired, lightly toast cumin seed in small skillet and pound with mortar
and pestle to bring out flavor.
** To toast almonds, cook in small nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring
constantly, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Toasted salted
Marcona almonds can be substituted.
2009 Ultimate Cranberry Recipe Contest Finalist Kara Adanalian, Fresno, CA
Recipe and photo credit:
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.