Sweet and White Scalloped Potatoes
with Parmesan and Thyme
This dish has layers of sweet and white potatoes nestled in a creamy sauce, accented
with Parmesan and thyme, making this twist on a classic dish a welcome and elegant
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups (1 1/2 pounds) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat evaporated milk, bouillon, onion powder and thyme in large skillet over
medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and bouillon
is dissolved. Add potatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to boil. Cover; reduce heat
to low. Cook, rearranging potatoes gently and occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes
or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 45 min | Servings: 8
For quick and consistently thin potato slices, use the slicing blade of a food
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com