- 1 1/2 large yellow onions
- 1/2 cup Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or frying mix
- Oil (for deep-frying)
- Julienne the onions thinly. Place them in a bowl and cover them with the Tabasco
sauce. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least
1 hour and up to 5 hours.
- Place the flour with some more salt and pepper either in a bowl or a large plastic
bag. Toss the onions until they are coated with the flour.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees
F for about one minute or until golden. Be very careful while they are in the oil
or the coating will break off.
- Serve on steaks, chops, chicken, fish or burgers,
or with ketchup and blue cheese dressing.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.