This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 1/2 large yellow onions
- 1/2 cup Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or frying mix
- Oil (for deep-frying)
- Julienne the onions thinly. Place them in a bowl and cover them with the Tabasco
sauce. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least
1 hour and up to 5 hours.
- Place the flour with some more salt and pepper either in a bowl or a large plastic
bag. Toss the onions until they are coated with the flour.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees
F for about one minute or until golden. Be very careful while they are in the oil
or the coating will break off.
- Serve on steaks, chops, chicken, fish or burgers,
or with ketchup and blue cheese dressing.