This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Tangy Herbed Onions
- 4 medium onions
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Peel onions and cut a small slice from the top, leaving the root end whole. Cut
each onion from the top into 8 wedges, taking care not to cut through the root end.
- Brush four sheets of aluminum foil with the olive oil.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except for the bread crumbs) and rub the mixture
into each of the onions.
- Wrap each onion securely in its own foil wrapper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour or until tender. During the last 5 minutes of baking,
open the foil and sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
These may also be grilled.