Tart Cherry Glazed Brussels Sprouts
This side dish, a refreshing twist on the usual steamed or roasted Brussels sprouts,
would be delicious along side a holiday pork roast – but it’s just as nice with
a weeknight pork chop. If you like, substitute bacon or sliced or shredded leftover
pork for the ham.
- 3/4 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- To prepare glaze, combine cherry juice, brown sugar, and sriracha in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring regularly to prevent scorching, until significantly reduced and liquid is thick and syrupy, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat with oil, then turn with tongs so cut sides are facing down. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and sprouts are crisp-tender (slightly longer if your sprouts are very large).
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and immediately add glaze; gently toss until evenly coated.
- Stir in almonds.
- Serve warm.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 15 min | Yield: 4 side servings
Recipe courtesy of Lindsay Landis, LoveandOliveOil.com.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Cherry Marketing Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.