- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds assorted red, yellow and orange tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic and olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and gently toss.
- To shred the basil, stack several leaves on top of each other.
- Roll the stack into a cigar shape.
- Using a paring knife, cut the roll into very thin slices.
- Repeat the process until all the basil is shredded.
- Sprinkle the shreds over the tomatoes and serve.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.