Tennessee Cream Gravy
- 4 tablespoons pan drippings and browned bits
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- Heat fat moderately; stir in flour. Mixture should be thin - not cakey or oily.
Cook until medium brown, stirring constantly.
- Add pepper and salt. Working very quickly, add warm water; stir thoroughly; let
- Add evaporated milk. Lower heat and cook to desired thickness, stirring almost
constantly. If necessary to thin at this point, add warm water.