Tennessee Cream Gravy
- 4 tablespoons pan drippings and browned bits
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- Heat fat moderately; stir in flour. Mixture should be thin - not cakey or oily.
Cook until medium brown, stirring constantly.
- Add pepper and salt. Working very quickly, add warm water; stir thoroughly; let
- Add evaporated milk. Lower heat and cook to desired thickness, stirring almost
constantly. If necessary to thin at this point, add warm water.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.