After they are cooked, they look like shredded tobacco.
- 5 cups peanut or other light oil
- 2 large yellow or sweet onions, peeled and sliced very, very thin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F on a food thermometer in a deep saucepan over medium
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium-size bowl and carefully toss to coat
onions. Remove onions from flour mixture, shaking to remove excess.
- Fry a few slices at a time for about 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Repeat until all onions are fried.
- Drain on paper towel.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.