This is great served over grits or cornbread.
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 6 strips bacon (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano (optional)
- Cut tomatoes into bite-size pieces, reserving juice.
- Fry bacon until nearly done, not crisp; leave 3 tablespoons bacon grease in skillet.
Cut bacon in bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Mix flour into bacon grease. Add tomatoes and juice. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add salt, pepper, and oregano, if desired. Add milk to reach desired consistency.
- Add bacon and cook until heated through.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes