This is great served over grits or cornbread.
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 6 strips bacon (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano (optional)
- If you are using other than diced tomatoes, dice them, reserving the juice.
- Fry bacon until nearly done, not crisp; leave 3 tablespoons bacon grease in skillet.
Cut bacon in bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Mix flour into bacon grease. Add tomatoes and juice. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add salt, pepper, and oregano, if desired. Add milk to reach desired consistency.
- Add bacon and cook until heated through.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.