- 1 cup cornbread crumbs
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into small strips
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into small strips and crisply fried
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 canned chipotle chiles, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup chicken broth, chilled
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except salt, and allow to sit for 1
hour to absorb all liquid and to blend flavors, tossing occasionally.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season dressing with salt. Form into small balls and place on a greased baking
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the inside is cooked and the outside is golden
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.