Traditional Turkey Dressing
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup celery, diced small
- 1 cup onion, diced small
- 1 1/2 loaves bread, dried out
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans chicken broth
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter and saute celery and onion over low heat for a short time until tender.
- Cut bread into small pieces, and put into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Bake in an 8-inch square baking dish for 1 hour, covered.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
This dressing recipe can be easily doubled. Bake in a 9 x 13-inch pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.