Vidalia Onion Bake
You can prepare this the day before serving, then refrigerate and bake when needed.
- 3 large Vidalia onions, sliced at least 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 to 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces or more shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large loaf French bread, sliced
- Sauté half of the onions and fresh mushrooms at a time just until soft - do not
- Mix together mushroom soup, milk and soy sauce.
- In a casserole, place half of
the onion mixture then half of the soup mixture. Top with remaining half of onion
mixture. Top with half of the cheese. Top with slices of French bread. Top with
remaining half of soup mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.