Walnut-Cranberry Corn Bread Stuffing
This recipe makes enough stuffing for a 5-pound chicken or 6 pork chops. For
a seafood variation, add 3 ounces chopped fresh oysters to the mixture before baking
it. For a vegan version, substitute olive oil for the butter and water or vegetable
stock for the broth.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 1 small rib celery, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 1/4 cups (approximately) lightly crumbled corn bread
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups hot turkey broth or water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add carrot, celery and onion; sauté
until softened (about 10 minutes).
- In a large bowl, toss corn bread with cooked carrot, celery and onion; add parsley,
sage, salt and pepper.
- Add cranberries, walnuts and stock; mix well.
- Place dressing in a 2-quart casserole; cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake until center of stuffing registers 165 degrees F (about 30 minutes).
Yield: 5 cups
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 250; Carbohydrates 19 g; Protein
5 g; Fat 18 g including sat. fat 7 g; Cholesterol 45 mg; Sodium 720 mg; Calcium
87 mg; Dietary fiber 2 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable exch., 1 bread/ starch exch.
and 3 1/2 fat exch.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.