Walnut and Currant Cornbread Stuffing
Whether part of theChicken Roulade with
Walnut and Currant Cornbread Stuffing recipe, or on its own, this dish is a great addition to any meal.
- 1 (13 x 9-inch) pan cornbread, cooled and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups chopped apple
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine the cornbread, stuffing mix, parsley, salt and ginger.
- In a heavy saucepan melt the butter and sauté the celery and onion for 8 to 10
minutes or until tender.
- Add this to the cornbread mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped apple, chopped pecans, apple juice and beaten eggs. Toss
- Spoon dressing into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings