- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, shortening, parsley, onions and egg. Add flour.
- Let rise until double in size.
- Drop by spoonsful onto gently boiling stew. Allow batter to rest on meat
and vegetables. Cover tightly and steam for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid.