- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, shortening, parsley, onions and egg. Add flour.
- Let rise until double in size.
- Drop by spoonsful onto gently boiling stew. Allow batter to rest on meat
and vegetables. Cover tightly and steam for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.