- 4 slices bread, made into bread crumbs
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Make bread crumbs and mix with taco seasoning to taste (about 1/2 package).
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and cut the zucchini crosswise into two or three
pieces. For thin "fries," cut each of the pieces into 1/4-inch-thick,
lengthwise slices, and then cut the slices into about 1/2-inch long fries (OR cut
into wedges for thicker fries).
- Blot dry with paper towels if strips are "weepy."
- Brush fries with mayonnaise, then dip into bread crumb and taco seasoning mixture.
- Dust with Parmesan cheese and place on parchment or foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until brown and crispy. Thicker wedges
will take 15 to 20 minutes to bake and will not be as crispy. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6.