- 4 zucchini
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut off and discard ends of zucchini, scrub well, and cook whole in boiling salted
water for 10 minutes.
- Remove squash from water and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop
out center seeds and drain well.
- Mix together eggs, cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Arrange squash "slippers"
in an ovenware dish and fill with cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Increase oven temperature to
450 degrees F and bake 5 minutes longer, or until browned.