Bacon Blooming Onion Chex Mix®
Spicy bacon and onion flavors in an easy to make Chex mix.
- 1 (8.75 ounce) bag Chex Mix® traditional snack mix
- 2 (2.8 ounce) containers French-fried onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix snack mix, French-fried onions and bacon.
- In small bowl,
mix melted butter and remaining ingredients. Pour butter mixture over snack
mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread mixture on ungreased 15 x 10-inch pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Prep Time 10 min | Total Time 45 min | Servings 12
If you like spicier flavors, try chipotle chile powder in place of ancho.
Nutrition Information 1 Serving Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 130), % Daily
Value Total Fat 15g 15% (Saturated Fat 6g, 6% Trans Fat 0g 0% ), Cholesterol 15mg
15%; Sodium 490mg 490%; Total Carbohydrate 21g 21% (Dietary Fiber 1g 1% Sugars 1g
1% ), Protein 3g 3%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:Betty Crocker
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes