California Walnut Crusted
Candied Bacon Strips
These flavor packed California walnut crusted candied bacon strips are decadently
delicious. A perfect bar snack to compliment a cocktail, or as a fun component to
a burger build, or surprise addition to desserts.
- 2 pounds traditional cut bacon
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup raw California walnuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set baking racks on baking sheets and place bacon in a single layer on racks.
Cook bacon for about 12 minutes or until 3/4 of way to crispy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and walnuts.
- Bake for 5 minutes more or until bacon is crisp and sugar is caramelized.
- Cool to warm or room temp before serving.
Total Time 25 Min | Cook Time 18 Min
Yield: 40 slices | Serves 20 | Serving Size: 2 slices
Nutrition Information: 320 Calories Fat 22g Saturated Fat 8g Monounsaturated
Fat .45g Polyunsaturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 8g Cholesterol 40mg Sodium 760mg Carbohydrates
8g Dietary Fiber 0g Protein 16g
Recipe and photo credit:California Walnuts
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes