- 1/2 pound butter
- 3 cups grated sharp cheese
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Cream butter and cheese together in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Sift the dry ingredients together, then add to the butter-cheese
mixture. Add Worcestershire and water, starting with 2 tablespoons,
mixing until thoroughly blended. If the dough is too dry, add the
- Place the dough in a star cookie press. Press it onto greased cookie
sheets in long strips. Cut into 3-inch lengths.
- Bake in a preheated
350 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
and store in an airtight container.
Yield: about 150 (3-inch) straws