Chocolate Frosted Peanut
Butter Rice Krispies Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Bars: Grease a 9 x 12-inch baking pan. Pour Rice Krispies into pan. Set
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, brown sugar and butter to a boil in a large
saucepan or Dutch oven. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter
and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over the Rice Krispies quickly
and stir to mix, patting down evenly.
- Frosting: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt semisweet chocolate
chips and butterscotch chips. (If desired, skip the butterscotch
chips and use 1 1/2 cups melted chocolate chips instead.) Spread
melted chips evenly over the top of Rice Krispies bars.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Yield: about 48 bars
Approximate values per bar: 98 calories, 4.6 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol,
1 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 68 mg sodium, 40 percent
calories from fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes