Corn Tortilla Chips
- Vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 12 thin corn tortillas
- Salt or garlic salt, to taste
- Cover tortillas with a towel and let them dry out for at least an
hour before frying.
- Pour enough oil into a heavy skillet to measure at least 1 inch
in depth. Heat to 375 degrees F.
- While the oil warms, cut each tortilla into 4 or 6 wedges. Fry 6
to 8 tortilla wedges at a time for just a few seconds. The chips
should turn crisp, but not brown.
- Drain the chips and repeat with
the remaining tortillas. Sprinkle with salt if you wish.
- Serve warm with salsa and guacamole.