Crunchy Cherry Party Mix
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups bite-size corn or rice square cereal (such as Corn or Rice Chex)
- 2 cups bite-size wheat square cereal (such as Wheat Chex)
- 2 cups broken whole grain Melba toast
- 2 cups small fat-free pretzel twists
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dried tart cherries
- Put corn or rice cereal, wheat cereal, Melba toast and pretzels
in a large bowl; stir to mix.
- In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, stir together melted margarine
or butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion
powder and ground red pepper. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Toss
to coat. Spread cereal mixture in a 15 x 10 x 1-inch (or a 13 x
9 x 2-inch) baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degrees F oven for about
25 minutes, stirring every 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in dried cherries. Pour onto aluminum foil
to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly covered container for up to 1 week.
Yield: 20 servings
For a whole new flavor, substitute 1 tablespoon jerk blend
seasoning mix for the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder
and red pepper.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes