Herbed Pecan Snack Mix
- 5 cups cereal*
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels or chow mein noodles
- 1 cup pecans halves or pieces
- 1/3 cup butter or regular margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* any combination of bite-size wheat, rice or corn squares; shredded wheat;
round toasted oat cereal; or crispy corn or rice cereal bites
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine cereals, pretzels or noodles
and pecans in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, stir melted butter and remaining ingredients together.
Pour over cereal mixture, tossing gently until well coated.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice.
in a large shallow pan or on foil to cool before serving.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 11/24/2001 5:58 pm.