Hot Buttered Yum Chex® Mix
Stir up a rich and buttery mix married with delicate spices and rum flavoring.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex® cereal
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex® cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In large microwavable bowl, place cereals. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup,
microwave butter, brown sugar and honey uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after
1 minute, until mixture is bubbly. Stir in spices and rum flavoring. Pour over cereal
mixture, stirring until coated.
- Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every
- Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in marshmallows. Spread on waxed paper.
- Store in an airtight container.
Expert Tip: To ease the load of last-minute
prep, make the mix up to 2 weeks ahead and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 30), Total
Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 135mg; Total
Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g), Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8.00%; Vitamin C 2.00%; Calcium 6.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes