Hot Shot Cherries
Pecans and cherries pack a punch!
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans and cherries.
- In a small bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, garlic powder,
seasoned salt, cumin and oregano; mix well. Pour over pecan mixture; stir to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pecan mixture.
Cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes. Do not allow mixture to burn.
- Remove from heat. Spread pecans on wax paper to cool.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Yield: about 3 cups