Italian Chex Mix
Chex® cereal goes Italian when mixed with balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 cups Rice Chex® cereal (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup salted soy nuts (roasted soybeans)
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bag (3 ounces) fat-free butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- 1/3 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix cereal and soy nuts.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Pour
over cereal mixture, stirring to coat. Stir in popcorn until well mixed. Spread
in ungreased large roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Stir in cheese until well mixed.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until mixture is toasted.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 10 minutes. (Cereal will crisp as it cools.)
- Store in an airtight container.
Prep Time: 10 Min | Total Time: 50 Min | 32 servings (1/2 cup each)
If aiming for a gluten free snack, always read labels to make sure each recipe
ingredient is gluten free, as products and ingredient sources can change.
Make this snack the day before your get-together. Store in smaller airtight containers
or snack bags for easier packing or on-the-go snacking.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 60 (Calories from Fat
20), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 105mg;
Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 1g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes