Kentucky Bourbon Bacon Chex Mix®
The flavors of the Bluegrass State - bourbon, bacon and pecans - combine in this
delicious snack mix that starts with a bag of Chex Mix.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (15 ounce) bag Chex Mix® traditional snack mix
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 pound bacon (6 to 8 slices), crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil. Spray foil
with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix snack mix, pecans and bacon. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium heat,
stirring occasionally, until bubbly around edges. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally;
remove from heat. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Carefully stir in bourbon and chipotle chili powder. Pour over snack mixture;
toss until evenly coated.
- Spread snack mixture on pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to caramelize mixture.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Break into pieces.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 1 hr 45 min | Servings 20
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 230 ( Calories from
Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g ), Cholesterol 15mg Sodium
380mg Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 9g ), Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C0%; Calcium0%; Iron6%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat;
Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes