Margarita Peanut Trail Mix
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or tequila
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons dry instant Margarita mix
- 1 1/2 cups Spanish peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 3 cups crisp corn cereal squares
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal squares
- 2 cups tiny cheese-flavored fish crackers
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Salt to taste
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet. Stir in tequila of lime juice,
cayenne pepper and margarita mix. Add peanuts, stirring until well
- In a large roasting pan, combine remaining ingredients, except for
dried cranberries. Stir in peanut mixture, mixing well.
- Bake for one
hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in dried cranberries. Add salt to taste.
Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 12 cups (24 half-cup servings)