Orient Express Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups bite size corn or rice cereal or a combination
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, optional
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt margarine and peanut butter on HIGH.
- Stir in soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder, mustard and ginger.
- Gradually add cereal, noodles and almonds, stir until all pieces
are evenly coated.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 1/2 - 4 minutes, stirring
thoroughly every minute and scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
on absorbent paper to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 8/21/2001 5:29 am.
Source: Weis Quality Bite-Size Corn Cereal Box (store brand cereal
like Corn Chex)